Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tarkovsky

As I was reading chapter 12, I read about Tarkovsky. In the USSR, he seems like he was the Martin Scorsese of film making. In other words, he was the best in the business there. I'm in the middle of viewing Sacrifice, and I must say, I like it so far. I'm am just a little deary about its length.

 However, on Rotten Tomatoes, the Sacrifice is actually his lowest rated movie. Some say it was a lazy effort by him and that he cut corners. Most actually say Solrias is his best movie. Which means, if Sacrifice, a movie that has been good so far, is his worst film.....I am curious to see his best.

From reading about him, though, he truly seems like he was a master and a genius at directing -- making the long-shot a famous shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment