Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Experience Researching

I'm sure similar to many others, I had a problem finding 100 year old newspapers and/or magazines online. So, I emailed our professor and he told me that everything is not on the Internet. Sometimes, you have to look other places. Consequently, I decided to go to the Taunton Public Library last week to find some old newspapers and magazines. I asked the librarian where I could possibly find them. She directed me and also helped me find everything I needed. She was very helpful and it seemed as if other people had to do similar assignments akin to this one.To be honest, this was my first time at an actual Library in, at least, a decade. Every time I had to do research for a paper, I found it online.

Overall, it was a different experience. Like I said before, I haven't been to a library in over a decade. The place looked extremely different than before. As expected, though, I was the only one there. Which begs a question: how long will Libraries be around? With everything going digital, Libraries are becoming a dinosaur. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny you bring that up because recently I was wondering about the future of libraries as well. Is there a future for them? It's sad how much technology dominates the world, and that books can now be accessed through special devices. However, I truly hope that libraries do not die out, because there is nothing like reading a good old fashioned book.

    ReplyDelete