Thursday, October 23, 2014

Citizen Kane Review

Citizen Kane is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is one of those highly-acclaimed movies that I never wanted to watch but was glad I did. Of course, it's not really appealing to people my age. 22 year old generally dislike any movie in black and white. Hell, we don't even like videos anymore not in HD. But when you put all that aside, usually, older movies are much better written.

Citizen Kane is a deep film about a group of reporters that try to figure out the Charles Foster Kane last said word: Rosebud. It stars with a reel that details Kane's life and flashbacks of his life. Eventually, there is a see a highlight reel of a rich, complex man's rise to glory and downfall. 

While I cannot call it my favorite movie, I can call it one of the most influential. It integrated the film language until 1941 as well as broke innovative places in focus, sound and storytelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment